It’s Time to Invest Better Resources into Your IT
As a business leader, it can be hard to identify when your IT isn’t growing alongside your business. Oftentimes, it’s a case of simply not knowing what you don’t know or don’t see because IT is the forgotten or unseen heavy lifter behind your operations. High-growth companies must understand that any IT problem needs to be corrected so that staff and customers do not feel the impact of a lacking IT strategy.
8 Ways to Identify When Your IT Needs Extra Resources
How do you determine when it’s time to shift your IT strategy and take an outsourced approach? Typically, there are several signs, including:
- There is no guarantee of a response from IT when employees need help. If there is a response, it’s often very slow.
- IT does not understand the urgency of employee support requests or how to prioritize tickets.
- As a leader, you are uncertain if IT proactively addresses needs and risks – which makes you question your company’s security posture.
- IT seems to be unable to get to the root of issues that cause company-wide outages, which means they keep happening.
- Executives must constantly remind IT to communicate updates, needs, and even best practices. IT begins to feel siloed and unintegrated with the rest of the company.
- Leadership has not been able to implement accountability for your IT department.
- Setting a budget for it is a mystery.
- Your IT department doesn’t know how to scale the technology to match business growth.
Have you seen these signs or felt this frustration with your in-house IT department? So many organizations struggle with this, even when there’s a solution: outsourcing IT to a managed service provider. To overcome operational hurdles, to support your growth, and to protect the data you are responsible for, utilizing an IT provider could be in the best interest of your company.
Are you ready to level-up your IT staff and strategy? Let’s discuss how Dedicated IT can augment your IT with our team of in-house technology specialists.